Privacy & Security
Last updated: [8 January 2017]
NTUC Link is committed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information and Personal Data collected and has been awarded ISO 27001: 2013 – Certification for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS). In addition, the collection, use, disclosure and storage of Personal Data by NTUC Link are in compliance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the "Act").
Users are encouraged to read this Policy carefully. By accessing and/or using this Website or otherwise interacting with NTUC Link in connection with the Plus! Programme, the Plus! Card, Plus! Rewards and the Plus! Exchange, including accessing and/or using any of NTUC Link's services on this Website, participating in the Plus! Programme, applying for and/or using any of the Plus! Cards and/or maintaining an account on this Website, Users are deemed to consent to the collection, use, disclosure and storage of their information, including Personal Data, in accordance with this Policy.
Users may contact NTUC Link at 6223 5225 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any questions regarding this Policy or the collection, use, disclosure and storage of their information, including Personal Data, as described in this Policy, or NTUC Link's compliance with the Act .
Collection of Personal Data
NTUC Link collects Personal Data from Users via the following ways:
- when they apply or register for the Plus! Programme;
- when they apply for or use their Plus! Card;when they apply for or use their Plus! Card;
- when they access and/or use this Website, including using any of the services available on this Website such as redeeming rewards via Plus! Rewards;
- when they submit forms (whether manual or online) to NTUC Link;
- when they participate in any activities organised by NTUC Link such as lucky draws;
- when they provide feedback to NTUC Link about the Plus! Programme, Plus! Card, Plus! Rewards, the Plus! Exchange, this Website and/or any services provided by NTUC Link; and
- generally through any means of communication or interaction between Users and NTUC Linkin connection with the Plus! Programme, the Plus! Card, Plus! Rewards and/or the Plus! Exchange.
NTUC Link collects, uses, discloses, stores and processes the Personal Data of Users for the following purposes:
- To assess, fulfil, process, service and/or manage their membership or applications for membership in the Plus! Programme, which includes but is not limited to updating the register of Plus! Members and data relating to the Plus! Members;
- To render services to them in connection with the Plus! Card, Plus! Rewards, the Plus! Exchange, which includes but is not limited to the award/redemption of LinkPoints;
- To notify them of benefits and privileges in connection with the Plus! Programme, the Plus! Card, Plus! Rewards and/or the Plus! Exchange, including through the sending of push notifications;
- To market and promote (for example, through the sending of push notifications) products, services and facilities of the following entities:
- NTUC Link;
- National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) and NTUC-affiliated unions and associations;
- all professional guilds and associations that have entered into a memorandum of understanding with NTUC, including but not limited to the Action Community for Entrepreneurship, the Singapore Institute of Food Science & Technology, the Institute of Advertising Singapore and the Singapore Institution of Safety Officers;
- all small and medium-sized companies, enterprises or associations that have entered into a memorandum of understanding with NTUC, including but not limited to Teochew Huat Kee, FitlionGymmboxx, Ming Fa and the Singapore School Transport Association;
- NTUC Social Enterprises, which comprises of NTUC Enterprise Co-operative Limited, NTUC Club, NTUC Fairprice Co-operative Limited, NTUC First Campus Co-operative Limited, NTUC Foodfare Co-operative Limited , NTUC Health Co-operative Limited, NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited, NTUC LearningHub Private Limited and Mercatus Co-operative Limited;
- all NTUC-related organisations, including but not limited to the Centre for Domestic Employees, the Consumers' Association of Singapore, Employment and Employability Institute Private Limited, the Migrant Workers' Centre, the Ong Teng Cheong Labour Leadership Institute, and the Singapore Labour Foundation; and/or
- participating Merchants and Reward Vendors, (collectively the "NTUC Plus! Affiliates");
- To provide them with products, services and/or facilities requested by such User, including products, services and facilities of NTUC Link and/or the NTUC Plus! Affiliates;
- To process, facilitate, complete, confirm, fulfil or carry out any transaction or dealing entered into between them and NTUC Link and/or any of the NTUC Plus! Affiliates, including purchases or payments made via any platform, application or website offered and/or managed by NTUC Link or any NTUC Plus! Affiliate (including the Website);
- To conduct internal analysis and research, including conducting surveys, focus group reviews and interviews; and
- Any other reasonable purposes in connection with the Plus! Membership, Plus! Card, Plus! Rewards, the Plus! Exchange and/or this Website,
Use of Personal Data
In addition to the Purposes, NTUC Link will use the Personal Data to personalise their service offerings to Plus! Members. For example, NTUC Link may use a Plus! Member's Personal Data to inform that Plus! Member, through push notifications, mails, emails, text messages and/or fax messages (as may be applicable depending on the mode of communication agreed to by that Plus! Member), on news and offers from any of the NTUC Plus! Affiliates and/or other carefully selected companies which NTUC Link thinks may be of interest to that Plus! Member and which relate to the Plus! Programme. Plus! Members can inform NTUC Link at any point in time if they do not wish to receive such commercial communications from NTUC Link by either signing into their Plus! Account at https://plus.com.sg/ and updating their preferences, or by contacting NTUC Link at email@example.com.
Disclosure of Personal Data
NTUC Link will only provide the necessary Personal Data to the NTUC Plus! Affiliates and NTUC Link's collaborators as well as Service Providers and other third party data intermediaries (including lettershoppers and IT vendors) that process data or render services for or on behalf of NTUC Link and only for the Purposes set out in this Policy.
Storage, Handling and Retention of Personal Data
NTUC Link will store the Personal Data strictly in accordance with the Act. Where Personal Data is handled by Service Providers or other third party data intermediaries, whether in Singapore or otherwise, NTUC Link will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data is handled in a manner that complies with the Act. NTUC Link will retain the Personal Data collected for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the Purposes or as required by applicable laws.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymised Information
NTUC Link may use and disclose information collected from Plus! Members' registration for the Plus! Card, Plus! Members' use of the Plus! Card, Users' access to this Website (including use of services available on this Website), Plus! Members' participation in activities organised by NTUC Link and in Users' feedback to NTUC Link, for marketing and strategic development purposes. Users can be assured that such information are anonymised and are used and/or processed in aggregate (so that no individual members are identified).
Withdrawal of Consent
You may request to withdraw your consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and processing of your Personal Data at any time by either signing into your Plus! Account at https://plus.com.sg/ and updating your preferences, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 10 working days for your request to be processed. Please note that the use of your Personal Data may be essential in order to make certain products, services and/or facilities available to you (including the Plus! Programme, the Plus! Cards, Plus! Rewards, the Plus! Exchange and this Website) and if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, NTUC Link and/or the NTUC Plus! Affiliates may not be able to continue providing such products, services and/or facilities to you.
Links to other websites – This Website may contain links to other websites which may contain their own privacy policies. NTUC Link is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such websites which are linked from this Website. It is the User's responsibility to read the privacy policies of such websites before accessing such websites.